Well, I think Coach will be officially off the Fixer Upper train after this weekend. We have new sofas being delivered next week, which means we have to paint the den. I consulted Pinterest for new paint colors and now we’re building tables, and mounting televisions, and putting shiplap on the mantle, and the dog got his own couch.
I am completely serious. I’m trying to find him coordinating throw pillows as we speak. Coach will die.
we I will be painting this weekend and dinner needs to be fast. If it gets too complicated I’m liable to go face down in a bowl of queso, because I think the stress level at our house with all of the painting and moving of things will be more intense than either Coach or I enjoy.
So, I have Lemon & Artichoke Chicken planned for Friday night. I love this because it tastes really good, but it’s very little work. Now, I don’t LOVE artichokes. If you have people with artichoke aversions you can still make this. The artichokes are “pickable” as my kids like to say. In other words, you can pick them out easily and go about enjoying what will, for you, become Lemon Chicken.
The chicken is juicy and there is just enough saltiness to knock out a craving. We usually eat it with a salad and brown rice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup capers drained
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken (legs, thighs, etc)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shallots and saute until translucent. Add the artichoke hearts, capers, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken pieces in the skillet, top each with a small pat of butter.
- Place the entire skillet in the oven for 45 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.